Welcome to the Demkov materials physics group!Our current research is focused on the physics of oxide heterostructres. We work on the quantum theory of real materials, and molecular beam epitaxy (MBE). Owing to the complexity of these problems, our research requires high performance computing, most of which is done at the Texas Advanced Computing Center (TACC), and the state of the art MBE Lab . We do both theoretical and experimental research. To the right is a list of our most recent papers (a full list is available under the publications tab).
We are always interested in recruiting new students who are interested in condensed matter physics, and hope you will consider our group for your studies.
- M. D. McDaniel, A. Posadas, T. Q. Ngo, A. Dhamdhere, D. J. Smith, A. A. Demkov, and J. G. Ekerdt, "Epitaxial strontium titanate films grown by atomic layer deposition on SrTiO3-buffered Si(001) substrates", J. Vac. Sci. Technol. A 31, 01A136 (2013).
- A. Slepko, J. Ramdani, and A. A. Demkov, "Schottky barrier at the AlN/metal junction", J. Appl. Phys. 113, 013707 (2013).
- M. Choi, A. B. Posadas, H. Seo, R. C. Hatch, and A. A. Demkov, "Charge transfer in Sr Zintl template on Si(001)," Appl. Phys. Lett. 102, 031604 (2013).
- T. Q. Ngo, A. Posadas, M. D. McDaniel, D. A. Ferrer, J. Bruley, C. Breslin, A. A. Demkov, and J. G. Ekerdt, "Epitaxial growth of LaAlO3 on SrTiO3-buffered Si (001) substrates by atomic layer deposition," J. Cryst. Growth 363, 150 (2013)
- P. Ponath, A. B. Posadas, R. C. Hatch and A. A. Demkov, "Preparation of a clean Ge(001) surface using oxygen plasma cleaning, " J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B 31, 031201 (2013)
- J. Lee, C. Lin and A. A. Demkov, "Metal-induced charge transfer, structural distortion, and orbital order in SrTiO3 thin films," Phys. Rev. B 87, 165103 (2013)
- A. Posadas, C. Mitra, C. Lin, A. Dhamdere, D. J. Smith, M. Tsoi and A. A. Demkov, "Oxygen vacancy-mediated room-temperature ferromagnetism in insulating cobalt-substituted SrTiO3 epitaxially integrated with silicon," Phys. Rev. B 87, 144422 (2013).
- K. Fredrickson, A. B. Posadas, A. A. Demkov, C. Dubourdieu and J. Bruley, "Wetting at the BaTiO3 interface," J. Appl. Phys. 113 (2013).